Create a triangle about 10 metres apart.
You will need 2 balls per triangle and 3 players.
The player working is in Blue
Blue player asks for the ball from player 1.
Working player (Blue) receives/controls the ball and must pass the ball back with his (R) foot.
Then player 2 quickly passes the ball to the working (blue) player.
Blue player must receive/control the ball and pass it back to player 2 using his (L) foot.
The benefits of this drill is that it focuses on many aspects of the game.
In no particular order;
- Receiving/controlling the ball from your teammate.
- Pace and weight of the pass.
- Good fluid movement with the working player developing both feet.
- The working player (blue) is only allowed one-touch.
- The working player (blue) must take 2 touches- one touch to control and one touch to pass the ball.
Remember to praise EFFORT and make sure to rotate the players to ensure all children are working and developing both feet.
Rotate the players after 2-3 minutes and allow for Q&A’s after all players have completed the soccer drill.
“May the winds of destiny blow you to the stars”
Great drill here! Have practiced this drill plenty in my past playing days. This is great for coordination, pacing, ball control, etc. I highly recommend it. Thanks for posting!